If you are an owner or a marketing peer of small or medium business you definitely should spend 15 mins of your time for making first step in Facebook marketing.
For those of you who are still not familiar with Facebook the following facts are listed:
- The total count of active Facebook users is 55M+;
- 250.000 users join the network daily;
- 35% (and growing) users of Facebook are professionals, in 2006 Facebook shifted the focus away from being a students social network;
- Because of the focus shift the fastest growing age category is 25+ years.
- 1000+ developers start using Facebook API daily to develop applications covering every aspect of life.
The above mentioned means that Facebook is the perfect marketing opportunity for B2C businesses and the first steps toward marketing of Facebook will be creation of a corporate page there.
The following guide explains the corp page setup process step by step:
1. On the profile setup page select the industry relevant to your business;
2. Enter all the necessary descriptions about your business (overview, mission, product – the more the better) and upload corporate logo so the visitors can recognize the business.
3. Click on your business name hyper link and then click ‘Publish this page’
4. Become ‘fan’ of your business. And here is where the magic begins. As soon as you became ‘fan’ of your business your Facebook ‘friends’ will get the notification similar to the following one: Peter Melnikov became fan of MoveYourWeb. Assuming that the big part of your ‘friends’ would be your customers part of them most likely become ‘fan’ of your business to and ‘friends’ of ‘friends’ will see it too…
5. Optional. Might be number 1 if you played with Facebook arleady – before creating a corporate page add a lot of new ‘friends’ to your account by converting the database of your customers to facebook friends (many are likely have a Facebook account already). That will increase the results of this small marketing campaign proportionally.
Want to see a sample corporate page? Check out MoveYourWeb on Facebook and feel free to try becoming ‘fan’ of our business. Questions? leave those in comments and our Facebook developers or marketers will reply asap!