: MixerCast - Widgets Distribution System
The main goal of the project was to create widget distribution system, which allows users to make 1-click posting to various social networking websites and email using various address books, and bookmark to various bookmarking services. This component had to be very flexible with features used in any given instantiation and in skins.
There were a number of major challenges that we faced as we started work on the project:
- Unique design: The design was supposed to be created according to detailed design specification developed together with MixerCast, which means that we needed to be very specific and accurate in creating any element of the design;
- Server side: Create server component to handle the requests from the flash components and install the widget or sends email or post in a various social networking websites;
- Facebook application: Creation of Facebook application in order to handle 1-click posts to Facebook;
- Quality assurance: Creation of Test Service that test 1-click posts to all available social networks, and sends sample emails;
- Time constraints: The project had to be delivered in a short time frame, so we had to work against a tight deadline without any quality deterioration.
Working in close cooperation with the MixerCast team, we successfully met all the requirements for the design and development. Our development team created unique functional structures for the system which allows system owners to add new networking sites, bookmarking services and address books without any downtime of the system. Users of the system got user-friendly, functional design which doesn’t require special technical knowledge’s.
The web system we developed has a friendly, modern and unique graphic design and flexible functionality that helps users to deploy their content in many social networks quickly. The users are able to choose from large number of social networking sites to post their content on them in a 1 click, bookmark using various services and email friends numerous of address books. With a new technology we used during the development – the new system allows its owners to achieve greater stability of the system, with increased performance speed and operating uptime.
- Access to critical technology skills. The customer was able to get access to experienced web 2.0 designers and developers quickly;
- Cost Advantage. The system was developed fully offshore and total costs of the project are 4-5 times lower;
- Maintenance and Further Development. New tasks and changes were deployed without downtime on operational web system;
- Decreased time-to-market. The full version of the required system was developed and delivered to the customer in four weeks.
Categories: Media and Entertainment, Flash Server, JAVA, Custom Applications, Social Networking, Web 2.0, Offshore Development Center